Friday, January 13, 2012

0 SNOW, at last. (6 Snapshots)

I was not too thrilled waking up to find snow on the ground.  I mean, it's not like it was a surprise - I knew it would come eventually, I was only hoping the spring-like weather we've been having, would have lasted longer.

I shouldn't be bitching and complaining... at least I have a garage.  But that will only help me out for in the morning.  If the snow keeps up, don't worry, I'll be scraping later when work is over.



Speaking of work, if there's one thing I don't care too much for in winter is the driving.  Driving to work is always nerve wrecking - not that I'm a bad driver (I've been driving for over 25 years), but the ones who are just fresh out of Driving School who thinks they are driving in the Indy 500... well, those are the ones that scare me.




They have no concept of safe-driving or if they do, they sure as hell don't show it.  Driving too close behind another on icy, snowy roads, is not the smartest thing to do in case you have to brake suddenly.





I had to stop and pick up a friend on my way to work... let's hope she's ready.




She wasn't.  I was bored, so I took another snapshot through the window.  It was not the greatest but hey! - I never said I was a pro.




It turns out the weather wasn't going to be that bad after all.    It could have been alot worse.  I am grateful.. for now.  Unlike Russia, the eastern and norther parts, who I've heard (on the car radio), got two months worth of snow in just twelve hours! With -49°C temps and with winds at 144 km per hour there, I am DEFINITELY most grateful! 

Well, I do have to make a living.  I have to get to work.



Thanks for viewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...