What is Roll-Up-the-Rim-to-Win you say?
The Roll Up The Rim To Win promotion, which was created in 1986, is a promotion whereby all the Tim Hortons restaurant owners reward their loyal guests by giving them the opportunity to win millions of exciting prizes with the purchase of a hot beverage, (usually coffee, but hot chocolate or tea also.)
So customers have been rollng up those rims for 27 years!
In 2010, Roll Up The Rim To Win winners received 40 Toyota RAV4's, 92 $10,000 Cash Prizes, 922 Toshiba Netbooks, 21,350 $100 Tim Cards, as well as millions of Tim Hortons food prizes, including coffee, donuts, muffins and cookies.
Did You Know...
1. Their first restaurant was opened in 1964 by hockey legend – you know who – Tim Horton!
2. Did you know Tim Hortons has a street named after it in Hamilton, Ontario? Take a drive down Tim Hortons Way!
3. While Tim Hortons is proudly Canadian, and has over 600 locations in the USA, they have also expanded into Dubai!
4. Did you know a snack pack of Timbits & Coffee were the largest prizes available in Roll Up’s first year! They sure have come a long way!
5. Did you know the Roll Up Cup was not always red? There has been a blue, brown & even a black cup!
6. When you win a vehicle in Roll Up the Rim to Win, the vehicle is not leased it’s yours to keep!
7. Tim Hortons Roll Up The Rim to Win has over $60 million in prizes to give away!
8. Did you know when you play Roll Up The Rim To Win in restaurants your chances to win are 1 in 6, with over 47 million prizes available to be won!
So What's This Year's Prizes?:
1000 Coleman Camping Packages
5000 Panasonic Digital Cameras
25,000 - $100.00 Tim Card and 47,000,000 Food Prizes
100 Panasonic 3D TV Packages and probaby the main reason everyone plays - 40 Toyota Camrys!!!!
Ok, so I couldn't wait to finish my coffee so I went ahead and rolled up my rim. So did I win a prize?
Nope! Not even a darn donut! "Please Play Again"... the most hated 3 words... grrr.
Oh well, there's always tomorrow!
Thanks for reading!